Saturday 10 February 2007

When I returned to my non-flooded home in New Orleans on October 2005, the city had a 6 p.m. curfew for a couple of months. As soon as the sun sets, the Army and Coast Guard helicopters would start flying, searching for curfew breakers.

Now, during Carnival season, the helicopters are flying again. It's for crowd control and maybe, searching for terrorists.

helicopter sounds
not for curfew
so - a parade!

red engine sound
helicopter
the Coast Guard

before the fun
starts
helicopter circles the route

2 comments:

John McDonald said...

love all of these - mardi gras getting nearer
john

Roswila said...

I can imagine in part what it must be like to live with helicopters passing overhead. It immediately reminded me of 9/11 and the aftermath, as I live near a major airport in New York City. What I really like about your ku is how they put a unique spin (pun intended) on it all. :-) Nice work.